This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

SPRINKLERS FOR ONTARIO NURSING HOMES



Not only does the idea of mandatory sprinklers in nursing homes seem a good idea but I have to ask the question why hasn't it been the law for decades? I actually thought that it was and I'll bet a lot of other Ontarians assumed it was as well. Over the last few years there have been various incidents involving patient to patient violence within nursing homes coming to light. There have been demands for more staffing and coverage during both peak and non-peak hours.

This is one of those Mom and apple pie type issues. Has there been resistance over the years to the idea by lobby groups for nursing homes? Of course it is imposing a cost but we can hardly pretend to be a caring and respectful society towards our elderly without taking basic steps to protect them. Quoting the Record article "There have been at least 45 fire-related deaths in Ontario seniors' homes since 1980.". That is not how our citizens who have contributed a lifetime towards this province and country should meet their final day.

No comments:

Post a Comment