This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

WHAT ARE THE RULES ON FORCED INJECTIONS TO INMATES- ASHLEY SMITH



First off I suspect that there are rules, conditions and procedures involved. In other words I hope injections aren't given simply as a punitive exercise. Secondly I know there are rules in regards to physically restraining human beings in beds. Hospitals are supposed to be very careful with bed restraints as there are multiple issues including fatal blood clots that can occur. Thirdly I just have to ask about a psychiatrist prescribing antipsychotics and anti-anxiety drugs over the telephone. I suspect that if a psychiatrist in private practice ever did that he could lose his license. Is there some legislation somewhere that says that it's O.K. to prescribe medication by telephone interview with a third party?

Today's Waterloo Region Record has this story "Ashley given several forced injections: inquiry". The inquiry into Ashley Smith's death at the Grandview Institution in Kitchener is still underway in Toronto. Miss Smith asphixiated herself with a ligature while jail guards watched; because they had been ordered not to intervene until she was no longer breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment