This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, July 1, 2013

INCH BY INCH IT APPEARS AS IF THE CREAM (S...) DOES RISE TO THE TOP



Late last week the Waterloo Region Record published this story by Colin Perkel about Ashley Smith namely "Prison reports altered, inquest hears". Launa Smith a senior manager testified that she was ordered by the warden of the Grand Valley Institute in Kitchener to alter use of force reports. The warden at the time was Brinda Wilson-Demuth and allegedly she did not want "...the reports flagged by regional or national headquarters as indicative of a problem at the prison.". Apparently this strategy worked for Wilson-Demuth, career wise, as she received a major promotion in the spring of 2007. It obviously didn't work quite so well for Ashley Smith who later died.

We are still waiting to see if the regional or national headquarters were ultimately responsible for the directives at the ground level which ultimately killed Ashley Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment