This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, July 19, 2013

MANY ONTARIO CHILDREN'S AID SOCIETIES HAVE MESSED UP



I recently came across a story on-line from the April 30/13 edition of the Cambridge Times. The title is "The line is being drawn in the sand for Ontario's Children Aid Societies". The story is written by Catherine Frei and it is a horror story of abuses of power and authority and children. Worse yet while she quotes other expose's in the National Post and Toronto Star, miraculously nothing seems to have appeared in our local papers. This I find extremely disconcerting.

Bill 110 is before the Ontario legislature and was introduced by the NDP. It has passed first and second readings but this has occurred before only to have the legislature prorogued. The provincial Ombudsman has received over 3,500 complaints against various Ontario CAS's between April 2005 and February 2013. To date the Ombudsman does not have the authority to investigate CASs but we hope that that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment