This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

ONE MORE COWBOY POLICE OFFICER?



The article appeared in the Waterloo Region Record last Saturday. The title is "OPP officer charged over Markdale crash". Apparently it took the province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) four months to lay a dangerous driving charge but I suppose better late than never. Appearances are that an OPP officer at an impaired driver spot check decided to pursue a nearby snowmobile. Whether he had legal grounds to do so I do not know. The result however was horrific as the officer crashed his car into the moving snowmobile causing severe and life threatening injuries to the rider. Keep in mind the trial has not yet taken place although SIU director Ian Scott is quoted as saying "...he has reasonable grounds to believe the officer committed a criminal offense...".

Is it possible that all our police officers in Ontario should be banned from watching cop shows on television? Is it possible that they occasionally tend to emulate the antics they see displayed by Hollywood. Accurate or not I'm getting a mental picture of an OPP officer thinking he's Starsky & Hutch while in pursuit of a snowmobile. The result was just an inch short of tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment