This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

DEUTSCHMAN'S POLICING MASTER PLAN



Regional Councillor Rob Deutschman has called for a longterm policing master plan involving significant public input. Tom Galloway suggests that "We do internal and external scans and involve a lot of stakeholder groups in the development of it.". My opinion of Mr. Galloway's comments are that they are horse manure.

This year's police budget is $140.9 million. Our police service are constantly in the newspaper for one personnel screwup after another. Some of these are personal weaknesses of officers, others are job related stress issues. Finally there are far too many involving cops who think they are cowboys in the old west and have to throw their weight around illegally. The long and short is that we the taxpayers are paying too much through the nose for policing which is getting a bad name. Real civilian oversight is long overdue and Mr. Galloway's suggesting a lot of involvement by stakeholders groups is suspect. The Waterloo Region Record's article is titled "Deutschman wants policing master plan".

No comments:

Post a Comment