This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

MORE NEWS ON OFFICER ROBSON



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following story "Officer loses appeal to save job". The appeal was at the Superior Court and was an unsucessful attempt to overturn his convictions for stealing two ounces of marijuana that an undercover officer posing as a distraught mother had turned over to him. My last posting on this case was only last December 23/13. While I view myself as a critic of police brutality, lack of accountability and police politicization I have been conflicted over this case. The officer has issues that need help but criminally entrapping him seems an odd way to go about that. Also I wonder where the police union stands on this especially as it was a "brother" officer who turned him in. If a teacher ever got caught turning in a fellow union colleague there would be hell to pay even if illegal activity was involved. I stand by my comments in my last posting namely asking if there is not a better, classier and more humane way for the Waterloo Regional Police Service to handle this particular officer and situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment