This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DARN LITTLE SYMPATHY FOR TEACHERS FROM LUISA D'AMATO



Last Friday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this Opinion piece by Luisa D'Amato titled "Teachers, count your blessings". We should not forget that Luisa has many, many years of experience as she covered the Education beat for the Record for a very long time. She has attended countless School Board meetings, talked to teachers and talked to parents at length during her career. Apparently Nancy Hutcheson, a local vice-president of the elementary Teachers' Federation sent the Record am letter criticizing the unpaid day off work mandated by the province in order to save money. Luisa refutes her comments and advises us and teachers as to exactly how fortunate they are compared to the vast majority of workers in this province. This includes both wages and job security that equally educated and trained citizens can only dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment