This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

REGION OF WATERLOO LRT & CAMBRIDGE



It's never made an iota of sense to me why or how the Region expected the City of Cambridge to pay towards a Light Rail Transit service that they weren't getting. I guess I finally just assumed that the appropriate number of Cambridge regional councillors would be bought off with votes and support on other issues close to their hearts. Well it's not looking so good. Cambridge mayor Doug Craig is making a stink albeit literally years after the fact. Just in time however for the next municipal election. Nah that couldn't be it, could it? Today's Waterloo Region Record has a large opinion piece by Mayor Craig in which he expresses his dismay at the behaviour of regional councillors. The title is "Cambridge's position on light rail about fairness". Mayor Craig's description includes "...unfair, inequitable and blastantly discriminatory...". Fair enough I can agree with that. In other words it's business as usual at the Region. God Bless regional government.

No comments:

Post a Comment