This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SENATE SCANDAL ROLLS ALONG



Monday's Waterloo Region Record carried a story by Geoffrey Stevens titled "Senate scandal is far from over". In it Mr. Stevens suggests that once again it's not so much the size of the thievery it's more the size of the coverup that matters. Geof Stevens suggests that there are three reasons the Senate affair matters. Firstly the coverup itself was poorly done and there are many unanswered questions as to why bother. Secondly the scandal, similar to the Mulroney era Airbus scandal, reaches into the highest office in the land. Thirdly with so many internal, external and police investigations now underway this matter will continue to be news for a long time. If there is a moral to all this it is that high ranking authority figures (eg. Prime Ministers) should back off and let the chips fall where they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment