This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

KHADR HOPING FOR BAIL



Omar Khadr is now 28 years old. He was a fifteen year old, seriously wounded teenager when he allegedly threw a grenade at U.S. forces who had killed the people around him and wounded him in multiple places. He's been in custody ever since including years in Guantaunamo. Currently he's incarcerated in Alberta. Apparently outside of the rest of the world, Canada and the U.S. don't recognize diminished guilt regarding child soldiers. If he ever was a soldier. Secondly apparently death in war is only murder if you're not on the winning side. It's way past time to see if Omar Khadr can reintegrate into Canadian society. It was hardly his choice that his father took him into a war zone as a teenager. Today's Waterloo Region Record story is titled "Omar Khadr hoping to get bail".

No comments:

Post a Comment