This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

MONEY, NOT JUSTICE RULES IN ONTARIO



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Anti-turbine farm families fight whopping legal bill from wind-farm companies". The legal costs of the court action run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Four farm families had challenged the constitutionality of Ontario's approval process before Divisional Court but lost. "Lawyer Julian Falconer, who represents the families, called the wind companies "blood-sucking, intimidating bullies.".The families are now appealing the order to pay costs. "By simply exercising their right to access to the courts, the appellant families now face the disheartening prospect of financial ruin," their submission states. As stated by the families lawyer when access to the courts becomes a crippling financial loss then access to justice is no more than a platitude. Hear Hear! Ontario "justice" is a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment