This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

APPALLING SPENDING FOR REGIONAL CHAIR SEAT



The Saturday March 28/15 edition of the Waterloo Region Record carried this story titled "Aissa paid $226,000 out of pocket in bid to defeat region chair Seiling". The article lists the expenses of the SEVEN candidates for regional chair. Unsurprisingly the two top spenders received the most votes albeit number two (Seiling) won the election. Seiling spent $60,306 more than double what he spent in the last election. While these numbers pale in comparison to the numbers seen south of the border nevertheless something is seriously wrong here. The other five candidates combined spent under $3,000 and got 16% of the total votes.

Our judicial system access has long been out of reach of huge numbers of our citizens. Similarily politics is clearly going in the same direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment