This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, November 14, 2016

JUDICIAL SLOWNESS NEVERENDING



So this morning we received yet another adjournment of the Scott Hahn Election Act charges. To date the Crown have not yet advised the Court (provincial) as to whether they the Crown will proceed on these private charges. The same runaround occurred with the Mayor Sandy Shantz case with literally months and months of adjournment prior to the out of town Crown finally stating that they were dropping the charges. I was advised this morning that any charges dealing with politicians must be given to an out of town Crown in order to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest. Fair enough but why waste everybody's time with two court appearances only to advise the judge that it's going to an out of town Crown if this is essentially automatic in the first place? Then why wait another six weeks and that Crown has not taken steps to interview the person who laid the private charges? It all seems on the face of it as an exercise in delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment