This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

ONTARI ARI O OR LIVING IN ONTARIO



Well at least here in Ontario we don't have the public expense of debtors prisons. Oh no, here we simply let our poor people freeze in the dark. Can you imagine shutting off electricity in the dead of winter in Ontario? Apparently that's exactly what various electricity distributors have been doing. Today's Waterloo Region Record carries the following article titled "Liberals eye bill to stop winter hydro shut-offs. Sure there are probably a few bad apples who intentionally pay their bills late. Or even make the conscious decision to buy booze and cigarettes rather than pay their hydro bills. Maybe. However with rising hydro costs, declining real wages and unemployment especially for our young people at high levels; I ask you really how many people are intentionally not paying their hydro bills in winter if they have any other options. No I don't consider not buying food to be a viable option.

No comments:

Post a Comment