This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

POLICE OLD BOYS CULTURE



On-line the CBC carried a story on January 31, 2017 titled "Calgary police officer resigns at emotionally-charged commission meeting". My God but police forces whether municipal, provincial or even federal (RCMP) still don't get it. Their male members high on testosterone, stupidity and low education in general still think that today's policing is solely about muscles and cowboy behaviour. How else does one explain the ongoing bullying and harassment of female officers? With equal training a female officer with a gun can do just as much damage to seriously bad people as a male officers. Possibly with equal training they can defuse many situations better without resorting to lethal weaponry. Possibly they can do the same with less training than their male counterparts. What makes virtually no sense to me is male police officers sniping, verbal harassment and then the clear lack of management intolerance for these internal attacks upon members. This fourteen year female veteran resigned at the public Calgary Police Commission meeting. Changes, not lip service, are required from the top down.

No comments:

Post a Comment