This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ACCOUNTING BLUNDERS AT ATTAWAPISKAT



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys Luisa D'Amato's Opinion piece titled "Blunders with federal funds for Attawapiskat troubling". Luisa's first two sentences more or less capture the tone of the rest of her article namely "If I were Theresa Spence, I'd be hanging my head in shame. Or hiding under my bed.". Isn't it amazing how essentially the same information can elicit hugely different responses and interpretations? I've long been quite an admirer of Luisa's writing but every now and then I disagree with her substantially. Obviously if you read my posting of yesterday you will see how I focused on our nasty, incompetent Conservative government not taking charge and demanding proper documentation before continuing to send more money. Luisa has focused on Chief Spence.

I do believe that overall Luisa is sympathetic to injustices and circumstances surrounding our aboriginal peoples. Luisa however feels that Chief Spence has done them no favours with her financial accounting/mismanagement?. Personally I'm still waiting to hear if there has been any embezzlement, fraud or even gross wastage of funds. A lack of accounting skills or ability/willingness to submit documentation is not the same as the aforementioned illegal activities. As I said yesterday, if there has been illegal behaviour then lay charges and take it to court. If there hasn't been then it's all back on the feds for their failure to oversee and supervise.

No comments:

Post a Comment