This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ANOTHER REGIONAL POLICE OFFICER UP ON CHARGES



Well I guess this isn't as bad as we've seen so far. Const. Deorah Bourne has been charged under the Police Services Act. In other words thank goodness, these aren't criminal charges. Today's Waterloo Region Record has this story "Officer faces several counts of misconduct". Frankly I don't get it. How come so many officers and when is it going to stop? Also I simply do not understand what exactly is the protocol involved? Who gets charged for things like failing to do their paperwork properly and who doesn't? Are many of these charges as minor as they appear and only used when more significant allegations are involved? "Failing to complete a warrant package required in court..." sounds more serious and yet again are we talking about intentional failures, simple procrastination, bad training or what?

One thing I find interesting is the culture difference that seems apparent between for example teachers and police officers. Often I've heard teachers whining about how police officers get paid more (including overtime) and yet the internal disciplinary processes are night and day. Teachers don't get disciplined. The good ones are just that and the bad ones stumble through their careers making good money with no accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment