This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, January 28, 2013

CONSTABLE ROBSON GETS HOUSE ARREST



Is there a whiff of hypocrisy in Justice Jeanine LeRoy's comment regarding the "disrepute Const. Robson brought to Waterloo Regional Police..."? Why do I feel that our police management could have handled this case and this officer's problems so much better than by using entrapment to lay a criminal charge on him? Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Local police officer gets house arrest". It seems to me that clearly this officer was in serious distress and needed intervention but what I've taken away from this process is that police management didn't like him, wanted him off the force and knew that an entrapment sting might suceed. I wonder what their next step would have been if their sting had failed? I'm not so sure that the regional police brass aren't the ones bringing disrepute to the force.

The criminal conviction versus conditional discharge will make it much easier for Waterloo Regional Police to dismiss Const. Robson. Clearly from the original deal offerred him, to resign in exchange for dropping criminal charges; it's pretty clear the charges were merely a means to an end. This is to the shame of our judicial system, not Const. Robson.

No comments:

Post a Comment