This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

AND ANOTHER ONTARIO WORKER DIES ON THE JOB



You know seriously I'm thinking that police and firemen may not have the most dangerous jobs. Here in Ontario it's farmers, construction workers and factory workers who are dying regularily on the job. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Acton man, 47, crushed by forklift at Puslinch equipment rental site". Apparently the man was loading a scissors-lift machine into a truck with a forklift and the forklift and worker ended up going off the ramp, crushing the worker. Over the decades there have been many deaths caused by trucks rolling ahead while being loaded by forklifts into the back of the trucks. Both air brakes as well as large rubber wheel stops for the trucks had reduced the carnage. I don't know what happened in this particular incident. Mention was made of a ramp and I'm wondering if indeed that's what it was versus a loading dock. Yesterday's posting mentioned the dangers of driving. Today it's the dangers of working. Presumably the worst of both worlds is commuting back and forth to an already dangerous job.

No comments:

Post a Comment