This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, August 1, 2014

POLICE STINGS AND ENTRAPMENT



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "High court warns against stings due to unreliability, abuse". Well normally I could immediately support that court decision simply because tricking someone into either commiting a crime or confessing to an alleged past crime is wrong on so many levels. Since when does deceit, manipulation and blatant lying produce the truth in anything? It's like trial by ordeal or obtaining information via torture. It is unreliable and reprehensible. The state has no business behaving on my behalf or anyone else's in such a manner.

Now we get to the specifics. Oh boy! In whose universe is bragging about murdering anyone's children considered an asset or a positive? Here we have a man who was convicted of murdering his two very young children. Convicted that is after he allegedly bragged to a "Mr. Big", a supposedly big time crime boss. What kind of idiot would think that confessing/bragging about such an act could ever be used for his benefit? On principle I believe that stings and entrapment are wrong. What if, and I say what if, that really was the only way to convict a parent for a heinous crime? You sure don't want this person anywhere near his or anybody else's children ever again. Is it even possible for an innocent parent to ever falsely accuse themselves of such a crime? Perhaps under torture. Otherwise I would think never.

No comments:

Post a Comment