This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

DRIVING IN THE RAIN



Here in Waterloo Region we have the drivers that we tolerate. That generally means distracted, slow and woefully ignorant. Drunk drivers are being discouraged by police enforcement as are fast drivers. Yesterday I drove home from the south end of Kitchener to here in Elmira. I got on the Expressway at Edna/Bruce St. beside Victoria St. The thunderstorm hit within seconds and within mere seconds after that most of the oncoming traffic as well as traffic going my way were invisible. They were invisible not because of zero visibility but because 3/4 of them couldn't find their headlights. Even after a few minutes I would estimate 1/4 of the drivers were driving in the downpour with zero lights on. The ones in front of me I would only see when they stepped on their brakes. This happened frequently as the idiots in front of them also didn't have their headlights on hence the following drivers would see them at the last moment when they got too close. All the way up the highway to Elmira some cars were very visible with headlights on and the others invisible until they passed you by in the oncoming lane. Some day our police will start getting pressure from either intelligent politicians or the Ministry of Transport and lo and bold our accident rates will drop again as everybody's cars suddenly become visible. Apparently police and politicians think citizens will tolerate fines for speeding but not for driving without headlights. This stupidity is proving fatal every day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment