This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

JULIAN IS RIGHT - IT'S NOT VOLUNTARY. IT"S COERCION



Today's Waterloo Region Record has an article by Liz Monteiro titled "Cellblock option for homeless should be scrapped: activist". Activist Julian Ichim has hit the nail on the head with his comments regarding temporarily housing the homeless in jail cells. The devil is in the details and those details include the door being locked, strip searches and 30 minute checkups all night long. What I see this being is the thin edge of the wedge whereby "voluntary" stays for the homeless and destitute soon turn into the Canadian version of debtors' prison. You know once the courts decriminalize marijuana use our police, courts and lawyers will suddenly have an abundance of time, space and resources. That will never do as the built in beneficiaries of the entire judicial system need to stay busy in order to keep the public money flowing. What an opportunity here for the system to avoid shrinkage and public funds flowing to less worthy (in their opinion) Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment