This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

U.S. POLICE SHAME IN CHICAGO



I thought that I could no longer be shocked by police behaviour in Canada or the United States. Yes I'm aware of extra judicial police killings in third world countries but yestyerday's article in the Waterloo region record was just way too much. The article is titled "Government report slams police in Chicago for years of brutality". This report states that the Chicago Police dep't has long had a reputation for brutality. The report also states that police have shot at citizens who did not pose a threat to anyone and have also used stun guns simply because persons would not follow their verbal commands.

The absolute worst however has to be the claim that a specific police officer, one Jon Burge and his subordinates used beatings, suffocation and electric shocks on innocent black men in order to get them to confess to crimes they had not committed.

The shame is not just on the Chicagp Police. Any politicians, bureaucrats or anyone else involved with the judicial system including judges should hang their heads in shame. This kind of outrageous behaviour going on for decades does not happen in a vacuum. People in authority knew and chose to look the other direction. Everyone involved even slightly and indirectly needs to be in jail for these abuses of American citizens by our duly authorized police force. My only question is with this illegal and disgusting behaviour by police why there haven't been far more police killings than there have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment