This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

NURSING HOME ASSAULTS



They are not rare. They are not exceptional. They are however both disgusting and under reported. My God we call ourselves a civilized society and allegedly we can't stop these assaults from happening in our Nursing Homes here in Ontario. Bullshit!

Today's Waterloo Region Record carries the following story titled "Daughter takes father's beating case to Hoskins". Her 86 year old father was attacked while sleeping and suffered head trauma, bleeding on the brain, a swollen bruised and bloody face and black eyes. He has been in hospital since the attack in January. The culprit was beaten by another resident who had Alzheimer's and who wandered into his room at 2 am. in the morning.

My own father suffered the loss of part of his finger in an intentional "accident" at Sunnyside Home in Kitchener, Ontario years ago. Then he either fell or was pushed and broke his hip. Surgery was done to repair it and while successful he died of pneumonia afterwards.

My father was a good family man and provider. He was a veteran of the second world war serving on corvettes with distinction for five years. He ended up with Alzheimers disease in a local nursing home and it killed him. Nice thank you from Canada for his years of hard work, dedication to his family and service to his country.

No comments:

Post a Comment