This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

WATERLOO REGIONAL POLICE BUST POT MEDICAL DISPENSARY




Seems like K-W residents are voting with their feet. They are going to and buying marijuana at various available medical dispensaries in Kitchener-Waterloo. Something like Vancouver only what a decade or more behind them? Keep in mind both cities are under Federal drug jurisdiction. Apparently Vancouver police feel that their resources should be focused on crime and criminals. Not so much here locally.

Federal pot legislation looms this summer. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has indicated that he and ther federal government are intent on decriminalizing marijuana use whether for recreational or even medicinal use, with or without a doctor's prescription. Apparently the current dispensary that was raided was supplying in some cases pot to those with a prescription. Customers included cancer patients, the elderly and one person who found that marijuana helped him beat his addiction to opioids. Interesting. If my brother, a stroke victim, was still alive I would probably have gotten him some to help with his ongoing pain and discomfort from his stroke. That said when I did suggest it over the last couple of years he wasn't particularily enthusiastic. Who knows? It might have made his last year or two much better.

The Waterloo Region Record article about this raid is titled "Pot dispensary busted".

No comments:

Post a Comment