This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

WATERLOO CATHOLIC SCHOOL BOARD MAY BE DISREGARDING NEEDS OF AUTISTIC BOY




At least Luisa D'Amato of the Waterloo Region Record seems to think that they are. The title of her article in today's Record is "Board disregards needs of autistic boy". Luisa starts her article with "They don't give out service dogs to just anyone". She follows with "But the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, which has no expertise in the matter, has decided that this advice isn't important, and that the dog isn't necessary or welcome with Kenner at his school.". Of further interest is that the waterloo Region District School Board has twelve service dogs with students in classes whereas the Catholic Board has exactly zero. It certainly does look like a pattern there to me. The Board have been taken to the Human Rights Commission by Kenner's father. Amazingly Kenner's mother is a sitting Trustee with the Catholic Board yet no ground has been given to date by the Board to accomodate Kenner. This may change after the Human Rights Commission make their decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment